- Team Leader Training Course
Being promoted from within your peer group to lead the group can be a daunting proposition. Often individuals are expected to take on this new role with limited training and without fully understanding the problems this change can bring to the existing group dynamic.
This unique team leader practical training course has been designed using the experiences of line managers and team leaders who have been in exactly this position. This course represents a summary of the tips and techniques they have used to ease seamlessly into a line management role.
This training course is suited to personnel from any background who has recently been promoted from within a team to become a team leader, supervisor or line manager.
What you will learn
At the conclusion of the course each delegate will be able to:-
- Perform team leading duties with increased confidence
- Have access to a portfolio of tips, techniques and methodologies used to create an effective team
- Project themselves as an effective leader
- Understand how to gain acceptance of their new position from their own peer group
The Team Leader training course covers the following Top 10 Tips to gain acceptance as the team leader:-
- Effective Communication –Horizontal & Vertical, written, verbal and overt
- Using the group dynamic and internal politics to your advantage
- Understanding the 360° Mirror Principle
- Learning when and how to Delegate- Using the full resources of the team
- Managing your time effectively – Identifying priorities, managing meetings and monitoring progress
- Team Building - Setting Goals & Objectives (MBO)
- Positive Re-enforcement – MBWA, Bumble Bee Principle, Helicopter Principle
- Getting the basics right in disciplinary and grievance situations
- Learning how to motivate others
This course uses practical role plays to re-enforce the theory.
Courses are limited to a maximum of twelve delegates. Course costs cover the training sessions, a comprehensive set of course notes and an attendance certificate.
Costs are exclusive of VAT which is chargeable at the current rate. Prices are correct at the time of publishing, but may be varied in line with market conditions from time to time.
- Business Training Courses
- Other Products
your discount voucher